Man whose dogs attacked and killed 81-year-old NOLA woman pleads not guilty
Man whose dogs attacked and killed 81-year-old NOLA woman pleads not guilty
I’VE GOT THE TIMING. NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN THE CASE WHERE A SUSPECT IS CHARGED IN A DEADLY DOG ATTACK. HE APPEARED BEFORE A JUDGE TODAY. THE SPCA ALSO PRESENT DISCUSSING THE FUTURE OF TWO OF THREE DOGS INVOLVED IN THE HORRIFIC ATTACK. WDSU SHAY O’CONNOR WAS THE ONLY NEWS REPORTER IN THE COURTROOM. SAY WHAT HAPPENED TODAY AND WHAT COMES NEXT? HEARING FOR THE SUSPECT, CHAD BRIDGES, WAS RESET SINCE HIS ATTORNEY WAS NOT PRESENT. MEANWHILE, LA SPCA SAY THEY WILL BE GIVING TESTIMONY DURING THAT NEXT COURT APPEARANCE AS TWO OF THE THREE DOGS INVOLVED IN THE ATTACK REMAIN IN THEIR CUSTODY. ONE WAS SURRENDERED AND SIGNED OVER TO BE EUTHANIZED, AND THAT ANIMAL HAS SINCE BEEN EUTHANIZED. THE REMAINING TWO WERE ORIGINALLY BROUGHT TO OUR CARE AND CUSTODY. AS WITH ANY OTHER BIKE CASE, THE DOG ATTACK KILLED 81 YEAR OLD BARBARA STEWART JUST DAYS BEFORE HER BIRTHDAY. POLICE SAY SHE WAS MAULED TO DEATH OUTSIDE HER OWN HOME IN NEW ORLEANS EAST WHEN THE DOGS BROKE THROUGH BRIDGES GATE. THIS ALL BRINGING MUCH GRIEF TO THE FAMILY AND THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY. IT’S KIND OF TRAGIC HOW THAT COULD HAPPEN TO JUST A SWEET OLD WOMAN. YOU KNOW, MY GRANDMOTHER’S AROUND THE SAME AGE AND WE HAVE DOGS. WE’VE HAD DOGS OUR WHOLE LIFE. BUT, YOU KNOW, YOU REALLY GOT TO BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE ANIMALS, INCLUDING THIS MAN WHO SAYS HIS FAMILY KNOWS STEWART WELL. HE SAYS HE AND OTHER NEIGHBORS WERE ALSO WELL AWARE OF BRIDGES DOGS WALKING AROUND. I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM CERTAIN SPOTS, JUST KNOWING BECAUSE OF DOGS. LIKE SOMETIMES DOGS GET OUT. IN A COURT HEARING LAST WEEK, BRIDGES WAS ACCUSED OF BREEDING DOGS AND TRAINING THEM TO ATTACK BRIDGES, WHO’S NOW OUT ON BOND, DID PLEAD NOT GUILTY TO SEVERAL CHARGES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE. THE NEXT HEARING HAS BEEN PUSHED TO MAY 5TH. MEANWHILE, LOVED ONES OF MISS BARBARA STEWART SAY SHE’LL BE LAID TO REST FRIDAY. REPORTING FR
Advertisement
Man whose dogs attacked and killed 81-year-old NOLA woman pleads not guilty
Man whose dogs attacked and killed 81-year-old NOLA woman pleads not guilty
New developments in the case where a suspect is charged in a deadly dog attack. Chad Bridges, 35, appeared before a judge Thursday.The Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was also present, discussing the future of two of the three dogs involved in the horrific attack.WDSU’s Shay O’Connor was the only reporter in the courtroom.
New developments in the case where a suspect is charged in a deadly dog attack. Chad Bridges, 35, appeared before a judge Thursday.
The Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was also present, discussing the future of two of the three dogs involved in the horrific attack.
Advertisement
WDSU’s Shay O’Connor was the only reporter in the courtroom.
This post was originally published on this site be sure to check out more of their content.